ASTYM® is a treatment that aims to regenerate healthy soft tissues (muscles, tendons, etc.), and removes unwanted scar tissue that may be causing pain or movement restrictions. Astym® treatment safely and effectively stimulates scar tissue to be resorbed by the body and regenerates damaged soft tissues. It is highly effective in chronic conditions such as plantar fasciopathy, lateral epicondylopathy, chronic hamstring or groin injuries, tendinopathies and post-traumatic/post-surgical scarring – even when nothing else seems to work. It is also very effective on sprains, strains, and speeds recovery in acute and sub-acute soft tissue injuries.
Benefits of ASTYM®:
- Astym treatment is safe and effective: It is one of the most researched and effective therapy treatments available. It is unmatched in its ability to resolve tendinopathies, scar tissue problems, and other soft tissue dysfunctions. Physicians have confidence in Astym therapy and regularly prescribe it specifically for their patients, advising them to confirm a clinician
- Short treatment course: A typical course of treatment lasts only four tosix weeks (8-10 visits), and during treatment, there are usually no restrictions on activity, which is a welcome change from other restrictive treatment options.
- It really fixes the problem: Astym therapy doesn’t just treat the symptoms or hide a problem with a temporary solution. Instead, the Astym process stimulates the body to regenerate and remodel tissues. Response rates to Astym therapy are high, and most patients experience improvement quickly.
- Certified providers: Only certified Astym clinicians offer this therapy. Clinicians undergo intensive training and testing to obtain certification and provide the results people have come to expect from Astym treatment. There is no substitute for Astym therapy.
- Research: Astym therapy was researched and developed by a skilled team of medical professionals, scientists, universities, and large hospital systems. It is perhaps the only therapy approach that was produced through rigorous scientific development: from theory through basic science investigation to clinical study and practice.
Trigger Point Dry Needling is a skilled intervention that uses a thin filiform needle placed into tight muscles or muscle knots known as myofascial trigger points. Dry needling allows the therapist to reach very specific parts of the muscle and deeper layers of the tissues that are not accessible by hand.
What dry needling can do for you:
- Resolve frustrating musculoskeletal disorders
- Keep you at work and in your activities and sports
- Reinforce therapy diagnosis immediately based on initial response to treatment
- Reduce muscle pain and tension
- Expedite return to a strengthening and exercise program
- Quicken return to function
- Prevent recurrence of the problem
Conditions that can be treated with Dry Needling:
- Neck/back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip and buttock pain
- Knee pain
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscular strains/ligament sprains
- Chronic pain
- Tennis Elbow/Golfer’s Elbow
Dry Needling is only one part of a therapy treatment plan and can facilitate the success of other treatments including joint mobilization, soft tissue mobilization, stretching, motor control training, and strengthening.
Lymphedema is a chronic condition in which excess lymphatic fluid collects in tissue spaces of a limb or other body part causing abnormal edema. Lymphedema can be debilitating to a person’s ability to perform simple tasks such as walking or dressing. Lymphedema can be congenital or can be caused by:
- Radiation & Chemotherapy
- Lymph Node Dissection
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
What can Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) do for Lymphedema patients?
CDT is an intensive therapeutic system with multiple components to treat lymphedema. CDT can help restore functional range of motion, strength and activity level. CDT can include:
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Decongestive exercises
- Compression therapy with garments/bandages
- Skin/nail care
Occupational Health Services
Worker’s Compensation Cases:
Our staff is experienced in rehabilitating on-the-job injuries. We work closely with the case manager, employer, and insurance carriers in an effort to expedite recovery and return to work.
Newman Therapy Services is a credentialed provider of the WorkSTEPS® Employment Testing Program. WorkSTEPS® has been substantially documented as an effective means of reducing work place injury incidence and controlling costs. WorkSTEPS® encompasses job site analysis, post-hire screenings, fit-for-duty testing, work hardening/conditioning, and functional capacity evaluations.